As an Associate at Unlock Ventures, you will work closely with our three General Partners and Operations Manager and will have the opportunity to shape the organization from its beginnings. The work will be diverse and interesting and will provide unlimited learning and networking opportunities especially if you are interested in building a career in venture capital.
- Sourcing: Manage inbound deal flow and outreach from entrepreneurs, vet and assess deal opportunity and develop information summary for deal reviews, develop analysis and model for opportunity, ensure complete stakeholder analysis is conducted, assist with preparation of interview questionnaire and stakeholder interviews to ascertain pain points, end user journeys and business scenarios or use cases, Track and input company data.
- Investments: Support and eventually lead the investment process from origination to execution for new as well as pro rata opportunities; provide ongoing investment monitoring and reporting.
- Research: Undertake guided and independent research to understand markets, industry sectors, products, platforms, business models, risk factors, competitive opportunities, and purchase opportunities.
- Account Management: Collaborate with General Partners in deal flow sessions several times per week and develop a comprehensive understanding of current portfolio companies.
- Community Outreach: Participate as needed at local startup events, business plan competitions, and networking events.
- Program Support: Provide event production and content support for demo days, CEO summit, and other events as part of Unlock’s community development strategy.
- Business Development: Managing private capital fundraising processes, including preparing financial models, pitchbooks, and PPMs, contacting capital providers, evaluating fundraising comparables and markets to provide fundraising strategy guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Business; MBA preferred from accredited institution.
- 2+ years of total work experience in the venture capital industry, management consulting, investment banking, and/or fast scaling startup.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts.
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and proficiency in speaking, writing, and interacting with individuals at all levels.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- A passion for early-stage venture capital, startups, and entrepreneurship with a good understanding of emerging technologies in the Tech, Fintech, Media, eCommerce as well as B2B and B2C.